Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Went in to have tonsils removed, still have them...

Monday morning we arrived at Texas Children's Hospital to have Juliet's tonsils removed at 9:00 am.  We got checked in got situated to wait for our 11:15 time.  At 10:30 they started the surgery, yea for early.  At 10:50 we got a huge shock.  Dr. Duncan came in to tell us that they had to abort the surgery due to Juliet having a seizure on the operating table.  It was a very mild seizure that lasted between 10-15 seconds.  It apparently happened shortly after they started the anesthesia.  It is unknown what caused the seizure since she has been put under before.  He wanted to admit her to the hospital overnight for observation.  Well I guess if you are going to have to be in a hospital, why not be in one of the best right?  We finally got into a room around 4:30 pm and daddy came home to relieve Meme of Nate.  Thank you Meme and Poppa for keeping Nate so we could focus on Juliet.  Dr. Ori arrived around 6:30 and helped get her CT Scan expedited.  At 9:30 we went down and had that done, we were done in about 5 minutes.  My brave little girl did awesome!  She finally went to sleep around 11 and of course they came in at midnight to do blood pressure and temp. I am unsure how anyone recovers in a hospital as many times as they disturb you.  Dr. Duncan came in early this morning and told us blood work and CT Scan were good and we could go home.  We were home by 9 am.  What a whirlwind 24 hours.  She was very tired today but otherwise seems like her normal self. 
I had some rough moments yesterday.  I spent alot of time in prayer, asking God what was going on and why did this happen.  I felt like the answer came to me last night in the form of, "I let this happen during this elective surgery so you know there is a problem and not during a life or death situation."  It has helped me know he did not leave us, he was there the entire time watching over her. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! You've been through a lot. I'll be praying for answers. And I agree with you... I've never understood how anyone gets better in a hospital when they come in at all hours to take blood and stuff.

    ReplyDelete