Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Maui - Day 5

So, I can not say today was without incident.  Juliet reacted to some new sunscreen that we got today.  She got some in her eyes and it swelled up red and irritated.  I also found a reaction on her back.  It's for babies too.  SIGH! 

Today has been a very quiet day.  Not much going on, but that is ok, this is vacation.  We actually got to sleep in a little, Juliet is so congested that we gave her some Benedryl and it helped her breathe.  We went into town and did laundry and went to Walgreens for things, esp sunscreen that wasn't expired.  We came back to the hotel and Juliet and I went for a walk along the beach where they have a sidewalk that connects all the hotels. 

We went to dinner at Kimo's in Lahaina.  I think Kimo himself was our waiter.  I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting this area.  I had a white fish with a chipotle sauce and a pineapple salsa.  YUMMM.  Jon had a lobster stuffed white fish with a white wine sauce.  Again quite yummy.  We sat on the lanai (deck) and ate as the sun went down.  This place actually had sun shades and a lanai cover they retracted once the sun went down.  Only place we have been that is that considerate of their patrons. 

In our shopping tonight I found a little turtle for Juliet's room and a Christmas ornament with a hula girl and a palm tree.  You know me, I love anything Christmas. 

Aloha, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment