Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Friday, June 18, 2010

End of the world - So she thought

We did things out of order this morning due to the chaos that my car battery dying threw us in.  We wanted to get out of the house early but did not want to take Juliet early so Jon could have breakfast with her for Father's Day.  We didn't get to give her a banana, she only got her cereal and that did not sit well with her.  Jon got in my car without her and that brought on another fit, we got to the dealership with no issues and once he got in the car the sun in her eyes made her cranky.  They dropped me at work, she was upset because she wanted out of her seat and that couldn't happen yet.  Almost there baby doll!  They got to school and she was upset because she was hungry and knew breakfast was there.  Well, she dropped her biscuit and the world ended.  Jon had gone to get a doughnut and when he got  back she was screaming.  Of course her teacher got her another biscuit and all was right in the world again, but I have to be better about making sure that when we are going to mess with the schedule so badly, we make sure she is tended.  Just because we can adjust our schedules easily, any slight deviation makes her edgy and she lets us know it.  Of course I was warned about this by another mother, once they get in a routine they don't like to deviate from it.  It made me sad all day that the choices we had to make made her day start out stressful. 

Another example is her bubu (book if you can believe that), she knows that after her bath it is time to read her book and eat yogurt.  Smart little toot!
Tonight we had fried rice for dinner, I didn't think she would like it so I warmed her up some roast.  No, she wanted to sit in my lap and eat half of my rice and drink all of my tea.  I would never deny her anything I had because I can always find something else and she is so picky sometimes, but it was so funny to watch her scarf down that rice when most times she turns her head at it. 
We may be going back to the dr in the am if that diaper rash still looks as bad as it does. 
OK going to bed!
NiNi all!  (nite nite from Juliet and her mommy and daddy)

No comments:

Post a Comment