Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Friday, September 17, 2010

Bite

On Tuesday afternoon Juliet was bitten near her her eye and on her neck.  I was called to the school on Wednesday to put medicine on the bite on her neck and that is when I noticed that the one on her face was swelling just a little.  I gave her Benedryl and headed out to the Astros game for my safety recognition event at Minute Maid.  Around the 7th inning stretch I got another call from the school that the bite on her eye was swelling and I should probably come look at it.  (Remember I am downtown at the ball park and it takes me a while to get there, and I am expecting the worse when I get there.)  Yes her eye was swollen and so was her nose so I put in a call to the pediatrician.  He told me to give her a steroid, which I had and more Benedryl and to bring her in Thursday morning.
I took her in and expected her to fight me on everything.  We were taken to room 2, our favorite because of the ride toy and the mailbox to play with.  When it was time to weigh her, she pushed the ride toy to the scale, gave me her hand for help getting on the scale and stood there until it was time to get down them pushed her toy back to the room.  (No picture, I forgot the camera in the room.)  When Dr. Goldberg, Senior, came in she talked to him and smiled at him, which is a big change from just staring at Dr. Ori.  He gave us 3 epi pens, more steroid and an antibiotic.  The epi pens are a just in case something really bad happens. 
Of course she got bitten on her hand Friday and it was so swollen, but didn't seem to bother her.  Hoping that lasts because I don't want her scratching!  Gonna talk to the school next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment