Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Saturday, May 8, 2010

This and That

Congrats Gramma Sarah on Passing the Bar!  You are now officially one of those lawyers!

Juliet's communication about what she wants is getting a little better.  She says wowurt, for yogurt and we get that one pretty easily and she has taken to pointing at what she wants and shaking her head no if it is not the right thing, it will become screams fast if you don't get it right the first few times.  You ask her where her belly button is and she lifts her shirt and shows it to you and says something close to belly button.  She had her first taste of lemon last night at dinner and you can imagine the sour look that crossed her face, as we did not have a camera handy.  She knows exactly who Mickey Mouse is and when you ask do you want to watch Mickey she runs for the TV saying something that could be Mickey.  As you can see, vocabulary is growing.

We did buy a big carton of yogurt to see if she would eat it.  She turned her head away until daddy sat down with her and offered to share his with her.  Yeah right daddy, once she saw him eating HER yogurt it was the best stuff and would give him evil looks if he tried to take a bite.  She is doing so much better with her eating and we do not offer her baby food at all at home anymore.

I have been asking her , "Juliet can I have a hug" and she ignores me, so I tried "Juliet can I have a kiss", and she would come give me a great big hug.  So we have been working on the difference between hug and kiss.  Yesterday when we were playing with the sidewalk chalk that I got her, I asked her, "Juliet where is my kiss" and she got up and leaned over toward me very prissy and turned her cheek toward me!!  We got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment