Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter and Panties

I know weird title, but it encompasses what has been going on around here. 

We had an awesome Easter weekend.  We started out at Juliet's school Easter egg hunt and party.  It was fun to see the older kids run so fast for the eggs.  Friday she and daddy spent the day together then she went to see Mama and Papa.  They took her to the egg hunt at the Liberty Park where she again enjoyed getting to hunt eggs and had a blast.  We met them to pick her up at Sharky's in Kingwood for a late lunch, it was yummy!  When we got home we dyed eggs.  It could have turned out one of two ways, she loved it or she hated her fingers getting messy... she absolutely loved it.  I think she could have done 3-4 dozen and never tired of it.  She loved watching the eggs turn colors.  Sunday we did her Easter bunny, hunted eggs at home then went to church, she looked absolutely precious in her Easter dress.  After church we headed into Liberty to have lunch with Meme and Poppa at their house.  It was really nice to get to see a lot of the family I haven't seen in a long while.  Then it was time for the egg hunt in Meme's front yard.  Juliet didn't have to leave the front porch and had a basket full of eggs!  We had a fun filled Easter weekend.  Check out the pics on flickr. 

Now the panty part of the title.  Juliet's teachers felt it was time for us to bring panties to school because she is doing so good with her potty training.  I had my doubts but I am not there all day.  So Monday I did as instructed and took panties and changes of clothes.  She had 3 accidents on Monday and 3 on Tuesday, she had NO accidents on Wednesday.  She told the teachers every time she needed to go potty.  Mrs. Roach told me she would say it as I need to go potty now.  I am really proud of her.  We hadn't had any accidents at home until tonight.  I asked her twice if she needed to go potty and she told me no potty mommy and then goes and poo poos in her panties.  I was disappointed, but she is learning and has been doing so good. 
Today was the first day of dance class at school.  We dressed in our leotard, tights and ballet shoes and headed to school.  She was so happy to have her dance clothes on.  Her teachers told me they didn't think she would go, but when the dance teacher got there and she saw the other girls in their costumes going she wanted to go too.  Mrs. Tutu, the teacher, said she was so excited to see that Juliet really wanted to be in the class.  That makes me feel that I made the right decision enrolling her. It seems that she enjoyed her clothes so much she did not want to change out of them.  She saw all the other girls changing clothes so she decided it was time then, my little priss. 

Funny quotes of the week - I a princess (in her own words), Jon where are you? (she yelled this up the stairs when we walked in the house today)

That's all I have for now!
Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment