Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where have we been?

Where have we been you might ask, I am usually pretty good about checking in at least once a week, but we have been busy.  It is so funny how you get caught up in living life you forget to write it all down.  I do make notes in my phone so I don't forget what I want to tell you.

Juliet is growing up so fast, she is talking in sentences and is such a chatter box.  Get her going and she will wear you out just by talking to you.  I kept wondering why she would tell me she wanted to go outside and play basketball and would grab her red ball.  I thought it was because Jon had basketball on TV and she was just repeating, well no, actually she was saying Juliet go outside and play bouncy ball.  Makes more sense now. 
She can tell you what is going to happen in her TV shows before it happens, or will talk along with the characters.  She has also started dancing again when there is music she likes.  She seems to be more into My Friends Tigger and Pooh and Dinosaur Train more now than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but she still likes MMCH every now and then.
At bed time we read our book, The Going To Bed Book by Sandra Boynton, which is starting to show that we read it every night, and she can tell us what is going on on the page and knows what is going to happen next.  We don't even have to have the book with us, we spent the night with Mama and Papa Friday night and I started telling her the story and she chimed in with what she knew was the story.  She has started wanting Minnie panties over her nite nite diaper because it makes them pretty, since the pull-ups are called pretty panties.  Bedtime has become a nightmare, she has a complete MELTDOWN when it is time for bed, screaming for My Mommy and My Daddy.  It is so sad, but she does not rule this family, she has to learn to go to sleep.
Jon and Juliet have a new game that she made up.  Daddy say no, Juliet say yes, Yes, No and they go back and forth.  It's actually pretty cute!  She got a balloon purse tonight at Chick-Fil-A, they have a family night every Tuesday night where they do something different to try to get families to spend time together. 

Miss Independent now not only wants to get in her carseat by herself, she also wants to get out of it by herself too.  She can also pedal her bike on her own.  It's a little hard uphill, but she loves going down and is really good at it!  She also cooks her own breakfast, it is the only way we have found that she will eat in the mornings.  We give her a cold pancake, she climbs on her stool, opens (with help) the microwave, puts it in, sets the time and pushes the button.  Woo-Hoo ladies and gentlemen, she eats!!!  She also found a rick krispie treat the other day and wanted me to open it for her.  We have played this game before so I figured I would be the one eating it.  Nope, she ate about 3/4 of it.  Surprises all the time!!



I had a Dr. appt for peanut today, (we are almost sure we have the name, be patient), so I didn't go in to work before the appointment.  We were letting Juliet sleep as long as she wanted but she woke up.  I went in to see if she just wanted a blanket, but she was sitting up ready to get out of bed.  But, when I picked her up, she snuggled into me so I took her back to our bed and she laid on my chest and we snuggled for another 45 minutes.  I am so blessed with a precious little girl who loves her mommy and her daddy.  You never know which one of us she will want. 
Check out the precious bluebonnet pics that we got at Granny's house.  My favorite part was when Juliet gave Granny hugs and kisses.  They are on flickr, here is a sneak..

No comments:

Post a Comment