Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Monday, June 27, 2011

Listen? What does that mean?

 Happy 30th Birthday to Daddy tomorrow!  We love you so much!!

Juliet isn't just 2 anymore, she is 2 and a half!   (And a total princess in training!!  She likes to say I Pretty!)

I know she can hear us, she just chooses to ignore what we say.  She has also gotten in a bad habit of saying NO to us.  So it's a stubborn streak with a listening problem. YUP she is our kid!

So now that all sets of grandparents are calling me a fibber, here is the sweet stuff that she does.  She sings songs off her shows.  She will sing along when they say "my friends tigger and pooh" she sang along with Tangled tonight when they were saying "now what I see you," and when she is laying in her bed at night she just breaks out in song.  I think last night I heard her make up one that sounded like O Baby Brother.

Juliet helped me make daddy' birthday cake on Saturday while Craig was here.  She had a hand in every part of the process.  Flickr is full of pics documenting that.  We also gave him his Xbox with kinect and they played the dance game.  I thought it was cute that she showed up on the screen.

Sunday we took her to a sibling class at the hospital where I will have Nate.  They showed them how to change a diaper, which she already knew how to do, how to swaddle a baby, which was a learning for mommy too, and how to hold a baby.  Then we went on a tour of the hospital and she got to see 3 newborn babies.  She liked that part best.  She is gonna be a great big sister.

Her newest game she loves to play is to have us build a castle out of blocks then to mow it down with her lawn mower.  It causes lots of smiles and giggles when she knocks your castle down.  We had to go watch the big trucks pour the concrete for the new house being built.  She didn't like the noise, but she did watch them work for a full 15 minutes.  O-yeah, here's a funny, we were going to get the mail and a lovebug landed on her arm.  You would have thought a bee stung her she cried so hard.  I thought we were going to have to go inside.  (sorry grandparents, it was humorous...  I am going to be in so much trouble!) 

OK, it is 7:45 and it is time for bed.  Gotta go fight this battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment