Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How often

How often do you get to sit and reflect on the day that you had or the week you are having?  With 2 small children, one a very active almost 3 and a 4 month old, not very often I would answer.  Well tonight that changed.  I was sitting here, a little out of sorts of the events that have transpired over the last 36 hours.  Little man is in the swing because that is the only place he can get sleep and Juliet is asleep in her bed and I am watching her on the monitor.  I realize how truly blessed I am.  I called work today ready for just about anything and they told me, "take care of your children, we will work everything out."  How relieving that is to me.  My job is important to this family and the lifestyle that we live, I really do like ExxonMobil and am so proud of the work I have done there over the last 10 years, and this shows me how they really do care about their employees even though sometimes we don't feel it.  Both of my babies seem to have serious respiratory problems when the cold starts setting in and there is nothing any of us can do about that except to take care of them and have wonderful doctors who get them better.  I am so blessed in these aspects that God has provided me awesome care for my children in their doctors.  Juliet was 36 1/2 inches and 32 pounds and Nate was 14 pounds 13 ounces at the doctor yesterday.
Nate and I spent today laying in bed, watching Harry Potter, last one part 1, and just being Mommy and Buddy Bear. He started taking things I had in my hand and holding them and shaking them.  I did not have to put them in his hand, he would just grab them.  He also thinks the nebulizer is a toy that he must take and try to put in his mouth!!!  I missed Juliet terribly but she loves school and is super smart, and today happened to be dance!!  I am so proud of her in her love to learn.  She got a new verse in Puggles and already knows it.  God made me in his image, Genesis 1:27.  We get her to say the new one and then the old one.  What a smart girl who can say both verses like that!!  I am so glad we started her on this journey for her spiritual growth. 
The reflections of today shouldn't come as a surprise, they are the everyday, but I never want my days to be just days, I am truly blessed.   Jon is such a wonderful husband, father, provider, Juliet is my princess, my light and my headache at times, Nate is mommy's little man and my snuggle buddy, I am so glad they were all given to me, chosen especially for me, they are priceless gifts.
So good night, tomorrow is another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment