Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Juliet is winning

As I read about all these kids who go to bed on their own, without their pacis, in their own beds, I reflect to last night. I had given Juliet her cereal and she was well on her way to being asleep so I thought I would go lay her in her crib so she would put herself to sleep the rest of the way. Well that went over like a lead balloon. The second her head hit the sheet, she screamed and screamed. I waited thinking she would settle down, but NO... she started coughing. So I go pick her up and we go lay in our bed. By this time I notice she is so stuffy she can't breathe so we give her a little benedryl so she will not be congested and be able to sleep. Well that made her so mad she threw up on Jon. So now it is time for bath number two. We finally get her settled back down and put her to bed. I know that at some time she will have to go to bed on her own, but is it so wrong that I like that she wants to be with us? That she likes it when Mommy rocks her to sleep? That she likes to snuggle next to Daddy to go to sleep? What is the harm? She sleeps in her own bed at night, not with us. Sigh........

No comments:

Post a Comment