Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Monday, October 18, 2010

Repeat what you heard

This past week started out a little hairy when the school called on Sunday and said they would not be open on Monday because someone had broken in and set fire to one of the classrooms, again.  This is the 2nd time in a year this has happened to this particular school.  So I talked to my boss and it turned into an unexpected play day for Mommy and Juliet.  We slept in, had a waffle, watched Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, went to the slides had lunch and screamed like I beat her when it was time for her nap.  I have no idea, she doesn’t seem to want to take her naps, but believe me, she needs them.  After her nap she found the party hats that were left over from her birthday last year, and started stacking them by color.  No help from either Jon or me, she just decided to do it on her own.    

Tuesday morning she fought me on everything, getting up and dressed, getting out the door, going to class, me leaving, EVERYTHING.  I got to the school to pick her up and they told me she scraped her knee on the playground.  She is a kid I understand these things happen and I also know they have to tell me every little thing.  So I asked her about it.  Juliet do you have a boo boo on your knee?  She would tell me boo boo .. knee, it was pretty precious!  She also wants you to kiss her hurts when she gets them.  Even if they are tiny hurts, they all need kisses.  

Thursday I get to the school and they tell me, we were running behind today and she is still in her new class, you will drop her off there tomorrow and we will just start her transition.  Well Friday morning did not go well, she screamed, clawed, cried, stomped… everything she could do to make me know she was not happy.  All week she had just loved being in there and now she does this.  My child hates change.  Friday night she went to Mama and Papa’s house so she could go to the baby parade Saturday morning with them.  I should have entered her in it this year, but I forgot.  Maybe next year, she loved it and wanted to walk with all the other kids.  She was really sick Friday night with tummy troubles and I learned this morning that a lot of kids in the toddler class were sick last week.  Saturday we went across the street for our neighbors 6th birthday, they had a bouncy house I thought she would play in, NOT, wouldn’t even go close.  She liked the bikes and the rubber band bracelets.  (You know, the ones that are shapes when they are off and stretch into bracelets.)

She has learned moon and points to it when she sees it.  They also read Good Night Moon in school so she will say Nite Moon.  She is also little miss repeat, so watch what you say.  I said Okay, let’s go downstairs, she said Otay, go downstairs.  

We had to get a new vacuum yesterday and she seems to hate the sound.  I think we are going to have to tell her it will be loud but it will be over soon.  Maybe if we warn her she will not be so scared.  She did throw a fit when she saw the bracelets for sale at Bed Bath and Beyond and she couldn’t have more.  She had 8 on her arms.  

I got her birthday t-shirt in and I am so in love!  I can’t wait to get to post pictures of her in it.  I also ordered her cake for her party!  Minnie Mouse all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment