Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Here he is!

Welcome to the world sweet baby boy Nathaniel Jack.
He arrived Sunday July 10, 2011 (surprise that's 4.5 weeks early) at 4:25 am.  He is 6.14 lbs and 19.5 inches long.  He is perfect, we are so lucky to have him.

Saturday I couldn't understand why I was in so much pain and was not getting any relief.  I was on bed rest so I had been taking it easy, laying on the couch or floor with Juliet.  Around 4 pm I just couldn't stand it any longer so I called the on call number for Dr. Gunn.  Luckily she was at the hospital and told me to come in.  Mom came to the house to help me get to the hospital while Jon got Juliet settled with Aunt Jessie.  (She had a fun sleep over night with Aunt Jessie, Uncle Derek, Stanford and Daisy) We got to the hospital and into a room and were told, "we're gonna have a baby tonight" because Dr. Gunn was not going to stop my labor.  It was a very long night and since I had been in so much pain through the day I was glad for the relief of meds.  Labor did not progress quickly and around 3 she broke my water to speed things up and found that the placenta had started to detach from the uterus, (not good and may have been the cause of all my pain).  I started pushing around 4:10 ish and by 4:25 he was out and the pediatric NICU team was checking him out.  It all happened so fast.  I had no clue that since it all happened really fast that he was going to be very bruised, it's sad to see, but I am assured that this happens all the time.  He is spending some time in the Level 2 NICU to help get his breathing and oxygen under control.  We have not been able to hold him, which is killing us, but we can see him whenever the NICU is open. 
Thank you to everyone for all the love and prayers you have sent our way, it makes us know how blessed we truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment