Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Maui - Day 14 and Coming Home

Sunday morning was not relaxing at all. We had to pack and be out of the hotel by noon, flight not till 6:30. We tried to check in for the flight but could not because apparently Continental never paid Hawaiian for Juliet's flight and a story for another time we spent 1 1/2 hours at the airport trying to get her ticket sorted out. I think all the packing wore Juliet out because she was very cranky but would not rest because she knew something was up. Finally on our way, stopped by the Salvation Army to donate the microwave we bought, (it was $50 and the hotel wanted to charge us $25 a night for one.) We made money on that deal.

I had seen a scrapbooking store Island Paperie on the way back from pictures and Jon let me stop in on our way to the airport. What a place, most of their stuff is designed and made right there in the store. It was so fun, I will take pics of the pages I make.

Next we stopped for lunch at a cafe / sushi bar, I know weird right? Well there were three people working and a line out the door. Took over an hour for lunch, good thing we were early for the airport... Right???

After fighting with Continental for so long Hawaiian finally gave up and just put Juliet as a lap child for that flight. I wasn't about to let that happen for the trip to Houston so I got the agent to give me a number for customer service. The main number for Continental was out of service so I got a support line that is only for agents. Guy was not happy with me for having that number, get over it dude. He finally agreed to just check her in if I destroyed that number, he doesn't know me, and let the Continental agent print her boarding pass.

Flight from Maui to Honolulu was uneventful, just a tired baby. We got on the plane in Honolulu and Juliet fell asleep before we were even in the air. We taxied for 6 minutes and that is all she needed to close her eyes. Flight was pretty bumpy, she woke up about 4 Houston time and went back to sleep about the time we landed. Figures!

Meme picked us up at the airport and we took Juliet to school, let me tell you how well that went over, but she survived.

We had a wonderful trip!

Aloha for the last time! - Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment