Our Clements Family

Our Clements Family

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One of those days

Today has been one of those days where nothing went right and it felt like it would never end.  We started out last night putting Juliet to sleep around 8, she was still up at 9 so I brought her in our room to see if she would settle down after a diaper change.  Well no such luck, she was still wiggle worming her way around our bed at 2 am.  I finally gave up and put her back in her bed to have my alarm go off around 6.  YUCK.  So off to work and school we go to have me receive the dreaded call at 10:45, "Mrs. Clements, this is (director) at Primrose, Juliet fell off a dinosaur and busted her chin.  There is a pretty deep cut that may require stitches."  Well, crap, the Dr.'s office closes at noon.  I head for the door making calls as I go telling my boss I will be back... hopefully.  I get to her and look at it closer and it seems less than they made it but off to the other side of Houston we go.  We get to the dr and he looks at it and cleans it , and deems it bandaid worthy, no stitches and we move on.  Thank you God for small miracles.  BTW, for those of you who know my child, she hates bandaids, they are evil in her mind, but she didn't fight him.  This was after she screamed when we walked in the door and about hyperventilated when I took off her shirt so the iodine didn't stain it.  She even gave him a hug and told him bye bye, a first for them.  So off we go back to work and school, which now she will not talk to me because she didn't want to go back to school.  She took a nap, played with her friends and forgot all about being mad at me and her bandaid.  I did manage to get another one on her tonight because it has hearts and says Kiss It, Make It Better. 

So there is another adventure in the life of Miss Juliet Claire, who as of now is asleep in her crib, so I am going to bed.  Who knows what time the tylenol and anbesol will quit on us!!  She did tell me Juliet hurt, so she understood what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment